Sunday, April 5, 2009

Refreshing blush

I could sit here and blog about all the greatness that is blush, but really, how superficial would that be? I will say about the yogurt that it is delicious, beyond measure, but really what I'm talking about here is meeting my girl, Melissa, at blush. After church, after lunch, after napping kids were put to bed. I got away by myself and I headed to blush to meet Melissa to catch up and to enjoy some yogurt together.

This is the same Melissa that I bonded with last weekend over old ladies and new experiences. Every time I see her, we have so much to say. There's never a dull moment or a lull in conversation. I'm not afraid to say anything to her and she's equally opened to me. She gives me a fresh perspective on my issues and fills me in on what's going on with her. Today, she was like a breath of fresh air for me. I've been going through some tough stuff with a friend of mine and she really helped me to come out of my funk. I need this because this week is going to be crazy. My parents are coming in town, we have Bennett's birthday, followed by Spring parties and Easter Sunday and spring break. The crazies continue. So, you can see how it was not only nice to get away. But even nicer to go somewhere like blush with a friend like Melissa and get recharged. I hope it was as refreshing for her as it was for me. Now we just need to plan to do this more often. :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

you're my girl! i love you!