Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring is in the air

Well, sort of. We'll ignore the gloomy weather we've been having, and focus instead on the fun and cute stuff like the spring party we had in Morgan's class today. Unfortunately, her teacher missed it because she was out sick, but the kids still did pretty well with the sub. The party went on!

My mom was able to come into the classroom today since it was a party day and she watched Bennett in the classroom while I stepped up my efforts a little to help the substitute teacher out. But, she was able to see all the fun stuff the kids do and how the parties go (for the most part). At the end of the party, the kids hunted for their eggs. Each kid had eight eggs with their name on them and they had to find only the ones with their names. Unfortunately, there were a few girls who couldn't find all their eggs, but it was still fun for them to find all the places that the moms hid the eggs while they were at the library.

I took Morgan out of school a little early (right after the egg hunt) and we made it to church just in time for the noon Good Friday service. It was a great service, and I ended up sitting next to one of the girls from my table at the women's retreat. I can't tell you how nice it is to see people you know at a church that's so big!

After church, we came home and since my dad was busy watching The Masters on TV, I took that as my cue to go upstairs and take a good long nap. Which I did. Blissful sleep! Which is good since I have a date tonight with my hubby. Woohoo!

No comments: