Monday, July 7, 2008

Another good, productive day

Well, I've got the energy today! I guess my sloth-like behavior yesterday has paid off! I was up before the kids this morning, which is an unusual treat. I expected them to be up at 7 am like normal, so I was up at 6:30. Just enough time for me to spend a few minutes alone in silence, grab a cup of coffee, check email and pack my gym bag. Except they slept until almost 8! So, I was able to also prep their breakfasts, eat mine (in peace!), clean the bathrooms and replenish the toilet paper - all before they got up. That means that during nap time, I actually get to have a little down time. Woohoo!

After the sleepyheads finally got up and ate their breakfasts, I got our Roomba, Benson, started and we headed out to the tennis club. I made it in time for a 9 am spinning class. Let me start by saying that I have *never* done a spinning class before. I wasn't really too sure about it, but luckily I came into the class and my former boss was in there, so he kind of showed me the ropes of the equipment before the class started. This was an hour long, VERY intense class. I consider myself fairly fit, cardiovascularly speaking, and my heart rate was UP the whole class. The teacher was equally as intense and really pushed us. It felt really good and I really enjoyed the class. After the spinning was over, we did some stretching and then she ends the class with 100 push ups and a crap load of sit ups. A very good whole body workout!

I stayed a few minutes chatting with my former boss and also two other ladies that I know from the moms club and then I hit the showers for some kid-free showering and dressing. It's nice to not have to worry what they are doing when I'm getting ready!

Okay - I know this is off on a little tangent, but I *have* to say something about this. I understand that the women's locker room is for women only and therefore some women choose to prance around in either nothing or next to nothing. Now, maybe it's my southern roots showing (read: modest), but to the woman who was prancing around without anything on her bottom half -- I don't get it!!! You still had your top on -- both your bra and your shirt, but you insisted on taking off your shorts AND your UNDERWEAR. And then walking back and forth from your locker to the mirror. BEHIND ME. So, all I could see in the reflection of my mirror, where I'm innocently drying my hair is how you obviously don't wax your bikini area. Seriously? I don't understand why you insisted on taking off your PANTS but not your top. And then? After you'd showed your stuff to all the women who were trying desperately NOT too look, you prance off without any pants on, but with your top. And your water bottle. WHERE ARE YOU GOING?? I don't think I want the answer to that...

So after finishing up in the locker room, I head out and get the kids and then we go by the grocery store for a few things and get home just in time for an early-ish lunch. Morgan's camp starts at 12:30, so they needed to be fed and ready to walk out the door at quarter after noon. Done!

It was weird dropping Morgan off at camp. She's easily one of the younger ones, as it's for incoming K-2nd graders. I could tell when I left that she wasn't too sure about the whole thing. I just hope she warmed up to some of the camp helpers and they were able to get her engaged. Meanwhile, I have returned home to my to-do list already done. I put Bennett down for his nap and then did a few "catch up" items from when we were on vacation. Now I sit here, ready to enjoy some down time. Only what will I do? Nap? Read? Watch TV? Surf the web? Start writing that book that I told Lance I was going to write last night? Who knows. But I have a couple hours to myself and all my stuff is done. Including my exercise. It's a beautiful day!

After Bennett wakes up, I need to run to Big 5 and then we'll go pick up Morgan. We might go back to the tennis club for some pool time. It's super hot here today (high 90's) and I know Morgan will enjoy that. If she's not too cranky from not having a nap.

No comments: