Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Brotherly/Sisterly Love

So much for early starts. I had thought that I might get an early start today and get up before the kids. I woke up at 5:20 when Lance's alarm went off, rolled over and thought to myself "get up when he gets out of the shower". You know the problem with that? When your husband is some sort of stealthy ninja dresser and you don't hear him get out of the shower. So, instead, I wake up at 8 am. And shortly after my waking, Morgan comes into the room to figure out why I'm still in bed and to announce that she is STARVING.

I get her set up with breakfast and run back upstairs to shower before Bennett is awake. Only, he wakes up right as I'm getting in the shower. I rush through my shower and then go to him and he just looks at me and smiles. I ask him if he wants to get out and he shakes his head no. Do you want to get down? Again, no. Morgan's in the room and he starts running all around the crib laughing, so it's clear that he wants to play with her. But not OUTSIDE of the crib. He wants to be in the crib with her on the outside.

They've been in there for at least 20 minutes and I just went to check on them. What I found really tugged at my heartstrings. This is why I'm glad we chose to have the therapy-inducing second child. Morgan is reading Winnie-the-Pooh to him and he's actually paying attention! Awwww!

No comments: