Saturday, July 12, 2008

My heart can't handle my son

Seriously? I am on pins and needles anytime we are around anything remotely dangerous. It soooooo wasn't like this with Morgan. But the boy? Yeah, he likes to walk through the water and then stick his face UNDER it. Why? Just because. Then he laughs as I'm grabbing my heart up off the ground. I'm pretty sure he's laughing at me all the while thinking "look at what I'm doing to my mother!" And he keeps throwing himself back. AS IF HE KNOWS HOW TO FLOAT. Except he doesn't.

Morgan, on the other hand, who has the capability to swim now, will NOT go where she can't touch. Seriously. Night and day these two.

We had another play date for incoming kindergartners this morning and then after went to the club for some swim time. Luckily this time Lance got to witness the boy's craziness all for himself. And of course, being a typical Dad, would LET him venture into the area where he's barely got his chin out of the water and watch him drink in water. That's when I took my overly cautious daughter to the big pool. My heart just couldn't take it anymore!

No comments: