Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I'm just going to come out and say it...I have a problem!

It's bad. It's really bad. When I am having trouble SLEEPING because my arms are so fricking sore. When it hurts to just pick up a mug of coffee in the morning. When I'm complaining to my kids about going up and down the stairs because my BUTT muscles hurt so bad. Not to mention that I'm fearful of when I have to go to the bathroom. Fearful that I might not be able to get up. Yeah, all that's really bad.

But you know what's worse?

The fact that I'm sitting here with the club schedule trying to figure out what class I can take tonight.

I obviously didn't learn anything from last night's "low impact" water aerobics, which was definitely not as intense as the sculpting class, but also did have me doing a lot of resistance stuff with my ARMS. Which are already screaming at me. So, I tried not to drown as my face grimaced with every jumping jack we did. No, I obviously haven't learned.

But this club thing? It's all new to me. It really has this newness and appeal to me right now and I want to take advantage of that. When I'm there, I pretend that I'm some rich stay at home mom with nothing more than time on my hands for hanging out at the pool or in the hot tub. With my two incredibly well behaved children. In the nursery. :) Ahhh, my beautiful life.

I've actually structured my day to allow time for me to go to the club if I want. We got out of the house at a respectable 9:15 this morning and got our grocery shopping done and delivered back at home in an hour. I was a horrible Mom that left the kids in the car while I schlepped the groceries in the house and put them away frantically. I grabbed lunch stuff and we immediately left for playgroup, had lunch there and then ran over to the mall for more moisturizer, eye makeup remover and powder afterwards. Got home right at naptime (now) and instead of doing the handful of things I need to get done today, here I sit. Gazing at my options. But there isn't a class that I don't think will totally kill me. There's "summer challenge" at 5, but I'm guessing by the title that I'm not up for it. You know....the challenge. I would love to do the Vinyasa yoga at 7, but I have a board meeting tonight. My best bet is probably to walk the indoor track and swim. We are having leftovers for dinner tonight, so no need to be home until dinner time. :)

No comments: