Monday, July 28, 2008

You will have fun and you will LIKE it

They have a program for the kids at the tennis club called Kid Fit. Basically, from 9-12, if you drop your kids off in the nursery and they are old enough, then you can sign them up to be taken over to the gym or to the clubhouse for different activities. They may play basketball, wallyball, tennis, and other assorted games. When our planned outing to a nearby beach today was canceled due to weather that isn't hot enough, I thought this would be the perfect thing for Morgan to do this morning. She's get to expend a little energy and I'd get to get my workout in.

I told her about it, really hyping it up, and asked her if she wanted to. She said she wanted to and asked if Bennett could go. I told her that Bennett wasn't old enough and she decided that she didn't want to go. She said she'd rather hang out with him and make sure that he's okay. I think this is really sweet, but I also know that they watch movies in the nursery. So, while she might like to play it off like she's being a sweet sister and all, I know her true motivations.

I reminded her that she can watch movies anytime and that Kid Fit was only certain times. Want to know how she responded? "I need to think it over. I'll get back to you." When did she turn 15?

She ended up NOT going to Kid Fit and as soon as she walked into the nursery, she was firmly glued in front of the TV. No point in arguing. So, want to know what I did? Determined to free her of her pent up energy, I decided that I would meet some friends at a park after we were done at the club. Haha! That just goes to show you. You WILL have fun, get exercise and activity in today, my dear! :)

Oh, and as a side note, you might be interested to hear that Ms. Unwaxed No Pants was in my sculpt-stretch-tone class (taught by the NORMAL instructor, thank God!) this morning. I know what you are thinking. She did have pants on. I found it somewhat difficult to look at her.

No comments: