Sunday, July 6, 2008

A good, albeit lazy, day

This morning was my morning to sleep in, but when the kids woke up around 8, I couldn't go back to sleep. Lance got up with them, but I lingered in bed. I let the day warm me up and opened my eyes slowly. I looked over to my nightstand and saw the remnants from the night before.

You see, I've been reading the book Maggie, by Charles Martin. It's the sequel to his book The Dead Don't Dance. The differences between the two books is startling. I would liken the first book to something written by Nicholas Sparks. Now, I really like these kind of books. They are typically rather introspective and tender. That's how The Dead Don't Dance was, for the most part. But his sequel, Maggie is like this tender romance, but also much more along the lines of a suspense novel. As I was reading, it seemed that the next thing that happens was always worse than the one before, and never expected. Put simply, it was just non-stop. I started the book last week and have really had a hard time putting it down. Even with my busy life. So, that says something right?

So, I peek over and see that I've got maybe like five chapters left. And all I want to do is finish it. I feign sleep, curl up in bed and finish my book. I haven't done this in YEARS, people. It was heavenly!

After finishing the book, I got up and got breakfast and got myself and Morgan showered. We headed off for church. After church, we had a "girls day" and went to lunch at this very cute Bistro downtown and then went to the movie theater across the street for a 1:30 showing of Kung Fu Panda. Morgan was cracking up most of the way through the movie, so I could tell she was enjoying herself. We didn't get home until 3:15 and then I plopped down on the couch, put my feet up and started checking email.

People - my house is a disaster!! Lance has been home for a solid three days now and the toys are strewn all about, the kitchen is a mess and -- here's how you KNOW I'm being lazy -- my bed is NOT MADE! :) Yep, I'm having a lazy, enjoyable day.

I need it before the crazy week ahead. Morgan has camp every day from 12:30-4:30, she starts soccer this week, it's Lance's birthday, our anniversary, etc. and etc. We're gonna be busy. This is just the calm before the storm. :)

No comments: