Friday, July 11, 2008

Summer Time Fun

After what seems like a hectic week, between camp, soccer, doctor's appointments, birthdays, playgroups, anniversaries, etc., I decided that we would (gasp) STAY HOME this morning. Which is pretty much the same as me saying "I needed to get some stuff done around the house". So, to keep the kids busy while I folded a large load of laundry, I taught them something new - I showed them how to build a fort! Another childhood memory handed down to the next generation :)

Morgan immediately caught on and quickly went and grabbed pillows and blankets. This is pretty much her way of playing, down to the "cage" they were in. Bennett, on the other hand, wasn't quite sure what to make of it until he saw Morgan going in and out a few times. THEN, he got it and started to have a blast! Good times! He even decided to give laying down on the pillow a try after seeing Morgan do it. Too bad he didn't put himself down for a nap.



After all the fun was over (read: Morgan kept pulling the blanket down over Bennett's head while he screamed bloody murder), it was time to get Morgan ready for her last day at camp. She's had so much fun this week going to camp. The highlight so far was yesterday. Not when they brought live animals to show the kids. Oh no. When they played the BEST! GAME! EVER!, or so Morgan says. It involved whipped cream over some gummy worms that the kids had to dig out of a bowl with only their mouths. BEST! GAME! EVER! Anyway - today is the last day and because the theme of the camp is Animal Kingdom, they asked the kids to dress up as an animal today. I'm proud to introduce you to my FIERCE daughter, the TIGER!

I'm particularly fond of the crinkle in her nose. :) When I asked her if she thought her camp counselors would realize she's not a tiger, she thought for a moment and then announced that they would know it wasn't really a tiger because she wasn't wearing and orange shirt. Oops. Oh, she doesn't have fur! That's how they'll know. On the drive there, she told me that she wished she could run as fast as a tiger. I told her that she was a pretty fast runner, to which she responded, "well, I really wish I could run on four legs". When we got to camp, she was carrying her snack bag and asked if I could please carry it, she's having trouble - what with her claws and all. :)

No comments: