Thursday, July 31, 2008

Peas in a pod

Today at the park playgroup, I walked up on Morgan and this other little girl, being all sassy with each other.

Morgan says, "There are black windows in that tree."
Other girl says, "No, there are not!"
Morgan says, "Yes there are. You have to believe me!"
Other girl says, "No! I don't believe you. And I don't have to!"

I'm walking up as the other girl's mom is asking her not to be so sassy and I ask Morgan why she is yelling and being ugly to her friend. Very dramatically, she tells me, "She doesn't believe me!" I tell her that it doesn't matter. That she doesn't have to believe her and then I walk back over to the playground area with the other mom. We start talking about the girls and notice a distinct similarity between the two. Both are bossy, play mostly with boys, and are getting very sassy with their tone of voice lately. We're discussing things we've tried, and the girls react the same. Send them to their room? That's okay, they'll just play. Can't play with toys while in their room? That's okay, they'll read books. Sit on the bed with no toys or books? That's okay, they'll find something else to occupy them and they could stay there for HOURS. We've both tried taking toys away. Mine told me that she "likes her room all cleaned up" and hers told her "let's give these toys to other children who need them. It's okay. Santa will bring me more." Yep, two peas in a pod.

We're sitting there lamenting our options and getting their attention when another mom asks if we've heard about http://www.specialletters.com/. No, as a matter of fact, we have not. Because she sent her children a WARNING NOTICE that they had been placed on the naughty list. She said that straightened things right up.


GENIUS!!

Too bad it won't work on a 15 month old!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL that is great... I'm keeping the site bookmarked for when Rhi turns 5
Tonya