Saturday, July 5, 2008

Today's forecast? Clear skies with a chance of sarcasm

We were out last night at friend's party until close to midnight. Bennett slept a little at their house, but Morgan was up the whole time. So, imagine my happiness when my little party animals slept until 9:30 this morning!

That's when Morgan came in to advise us that there was a POISONOUS spider in the bathtub downstairs. When I asked her how she knew it was poisonous, she responded, very matter-of-factly, "Because it's body is RED!". You know, red=poison, apparently. I asked her why she was telling me about it. She just wanted to let me know that there was a POISONOUS spider downstairs, so I wouldn't get surprised. Also, she was letting Daddy, our family exterminator know, so he could think about how he'd like to get the spider.

I asked her how she thought he should get it. Lance offered that he could maybe put on a glove. This suggestion did not meet Morgan's approval since POISONOUS spiders are well known for biting through gloves. Her solution was to get some "pinchers" to pick it up with. She ever offered up her own. How very thoughtful of her. She insisted that Daddy must be the one to get the spider. Her reasoning? "He's the biggest". I replied, "Oh, so we can just sacrifice him?", which was met with a blank stare and then a question about what sacrifice meant. One of these days she's gonna catch on to the sarcasm. It might lose it's fun, just a little, when she does.

1 comment:

Kimberly Lloyd said...

On the contrary -- I have two friends (fraternity brothers who got married!) who raised their four children with heavy doses of sarcasm. Trust me -- the fun went way up when they were able to give as good as they've got. We bid the oldest daughter to join our fraternity the minute she turned 18 because we've loved her AND her sarcasm for years.