Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My husband, the computer geek

My husband does not answer the phone. Ever. Except if he sees it's me, and then only out of fear of my yelling. So, it comes as no surprise that when I got home from the tennis club tonight, there was a message that had just been left on our voice mail. I listen to the message and it's a friend of Morgan's who has invited her for a pool party on Sunday. Not knowing whether or not we could go and wanting to discuss it with my husband without sensitive ears hearing before we decided, I began the conversation.

Me: "I see we got a call that you didn't answer while I was gone."
Lance: "Oh...yeah. I forgot about that."
Me: "Did you listen to the message?"
Lance: "What message? I didn't know who it was. It's not someone I know. They left a message?"
Me: (laughing) "Yeah, there was a message. It's someone you know."
Lance: "Who was it?"
Me: "T-A-T-E-apostrophe-S M-O-M"
Lance: *blank stare*
Me: *blank stare back*
Lance: "I wasn't ready for spelling. My mind was not formatted for that. Invalid input!"

No comments: