Monday, July 14, 2008

Lost files and programs

So, it's not the files I lost in The Great Hard Drive Crash of '08 that have me frustrated right now. The only one that I really care that much about is my fancy spreadsheet that I've been entering actuals vs. budget for our household budget all year. And, really, not that big of a deal; I can just recreate it. It's the tedious task of "recreating" my perfect laptop that's really frustrating.

I had it organized the way I like it. I had all the right applications installed, all the right icons there, background picture set up, etc. And it's a long process of recreating that. Luckily, after our outing to the local lake/beach this morning, both kids have been sleeping for almost three hours. I still don't have everything back on here that I want/need, but it's getting there.

Oh, and can I please just profess my undying love of Google Toolbar? So glad I was using this before, as all my bookmarks reappeared when I downloaded it this afternoon. LOVE IT!

No comments: