Saturday, August 9, 2008

Ahhh, Saturday. And a day off, to boot!

So, yesterday did, in fact, turn out to be a good one. The kids managed to keep the craziness to a dull roar. I was able to get my chores done before going to a power sculpting class at the club, then came home and fed the kids lunch and got them down for their naps so that I could mow the lawns. After that, I even had time to shower and dry my hair and then we were off to the grocery store for some last minute party supplies.

We had a few friends over and it was fun. Good friends, food, and drinks. That's all you really need. :) We walked downtown to where they were showing the opening ceremony for the Olympics (or at least that was the plan) and hung out for a while while they tried to overcome some technical glitches. But the kids were having fun dancing around, eating snacks and just enjoying the "buzz" and excitement of the evening. We came back home when they gave up on overcoming the glitches and turned on the ceremony here and hung out for a while longer. Good times. :)

I had another glass too many last night and woke up this morning, so dehydrated that my EYES were dry. I think I had three glasses? So, I had no choice but to get up early-ish and get some water. But, when Bennett woke up at 7am, I moved no muscle in the direction of getting him up since IT'S MY DAY OFF! That's right! I'm off today. When the kids started with the "Mom I'm hungry" and "Mooooom, I can't find my pencils" this morning, I told them that Mom is off today and to talk to Daddy. :)

So, the plan is to go, at least briefly, to the park playdate this morning for the Kindergarteners so that I can try to figure out a time to do a "trial run" with watching her 14 month old and vice versa so we can work in the classrooms. Once that's done, I have the whole day to myself. And then we have a BBQ to go to tonight at 5. So, I may just show up right before that. :)

No comments: