Monday, August 4, 2008

He may be home...but still need that mantra!

Lance didn't get home until 8:00 last night, which meant that he came in just as Morgan was going to bed. Of course, that leads to her not wanting to go to bed, but she finally fell asleep. This morning, I decided to get up before the kids so I can get a head start on the day, wanting to hit the gym before going to our outing today. Unfortunately, the kids have some strange sixth sense where they sense that I am awake and wake up immediately. So, I was unable to get the car packed up in peace, so I decided to forego the gym this morning and make pancakes for them instead. :) On the up side, I've already done all my chores for the day (cleaning bathrooms, replenishing toilet paper, and getting Benson going on vacumming downstairs). So, when we get home from our outing, I hope to tuck some exhausted kids into bed for naps and either nap or just have some downtime to myself. I'm hoping to catch a 5pm cardio & core class at the club since I didn't get there this morning. Oh, and I guess I need to cook again since Lance is going to be expecting some dinner. *sigh*

I feel like I've been GOING non-stop for over a week now (hey - I have). I need a break.

Bennett is really driving me crazy right now. He keeps hitting me and kicking me. This is such foreign territory for me, as Morgan NEVER did this. It's like he gets some sick pleasure in trying to hurt me. I remember hearing about kids this age "acting out" with their favored parent, as they feel most secure with them, but that really doesn't make me feel any better in the heat of the moment. It's all I can do to contain myself when he slaps me, I tell him that we don't hit and show him how to touch gently, and then he gets that twinkle in his eye and hits me harder. Or repeat, only with kicking.

So, here's a shout out to all you moms out there - WHAT DO I DO ABOUT THIS??

1 comment:

aspohn said...

Oh goodness, Carter was a hitter (seemed like forever) and I never found a good way to nip it other than walking away and then ignoring him if he followed me...letting him know he has disappointed me/hurt my feelings. BOYS!...Best of luck.