Saturday, August 9, 2008

THIS is the life :)

This morning, I had to refrain from too many "don't forget this" or "are you doing that" questions for Lance. He is their parent afterall, and while he may not do everything the same way I do, he is an excellent father. He had planned to take the kids geocaching after the park.

I was able to hang out at the park this morning long enough to get the requisite phone numbers and email addresses and then I headed off to the tennis club. Once there, I ran into some friends and felt no pressure to hurry our conversation since I had all the time in the world. :)

Once settled in, I hit the indoor track and ran a 5k in 30 mins, stretched, changed into my swimsuit and then hit the pool and hot tub. I sunned myself for a little while until I realized that I was actually hungry and then I hit the locker room to shower and get ready. I took a nice long shower, where I shaved not only my arm pits, but also my legs. Yes, both of them. :) I took my time getting ready, half watching the Olympics and half listening to my iPod. Once my hair was dried and flat ironed, I headed over to one of our favorite resteraunts where I ordered lunch and settled in with my book. I alternated reading and people watching, really letting myself unwind.

Once lunch was done, I headed to the bookstore and mindlessly wandered the aisles. I wasn't looking for anything in particular, but it was so nice to be able to just check out various sections and books and not have to get interrupted or listen to whining or fighting. After I had my fill of browsing, I settled in at the cafe with my laptop and started three different books. I'm toying around with a few different plots and so I gave a couple of them a good amount of time at the bookstore today, but I'm just not feeling it. They are serious topics, and maybe I'm more of a humor girl. So, the third idea is humorous and I didn't really get very far with that beyond the initial idea.

By this time, I was starting to clock-watch and thought it would be best to head home and utilize the free WiFi at home rather than paying to get connected there. Besides. You want to know the truth? I was missing my kids. I had already called on my way to the bookstore to see how everything was going. They were down for naps and Lance said they had a great time this morning. I'm sorry I missed out on it!

This is an illness I have. I can't be with them. I can't be without them. I guess that's the life of a mom, right? But I also know it's important to take care of myself, mentally, so it's good to have a day off. :)

We're getting ready to leave for a BBQ, so I'll resume my day off tomorrow at around 4pm. I plan to go see a movie. Maybe even by myself. Because I'm all CRAZY like that. :)

No comments: