Sunday, August 10, 2008

Good day. Busy day.

Today was another busy, but good day. It started out with me being really tired since we got home from the BBQ late last night and went to bed late and Bennett got up in the middle of the night. But, I got up and got showered and Morgan and I headed off to church after breakfast. We came home for lunch and then took off again for one of her new friend's (an incoming Kindergartener) birthday party. It was at our very cool community center pool, and Morgan had a blast. And yes, I'm being totally lazy and NOT downloading the ACTUAL pictures I took, and instead snatching the one off the community center website. :)

While we were there, any anxieties that I might have had about having another mom watch Bennett while I work at the school this year were put to rest. The mother in question, whom I had traded digits and email addresses with yesterday at the park, was at the party. She was there with her 14 month old daughter. We were sitting there chatting away, her daughter sitting on her lap, taking small bites of the pizza they had there at the party. Suddenly, the mom noticed that she was having a hard time breathing. The next thing I knew, the mom had flipped her upside down and was doing the Heimlich manoeuvre! The baby seemed to clear the item from her throat, so the mom turned her rightside up and then suddenly, she was choking again. She tossed her upside down again, Heimlich again and then she was breathing and crying. She did a finger sweep and realized that the baby had grabbed a confetti shark off the party table and had been choking on it! Oh my! But clearly, she's capable of watching my kid with those mad skills! We totally bonded over the traumatic experience and I think she might be joining the moms club and Bennett's playgroup. I'll call that the lemonade. :)

After the party, I came home and dropped Morgan off and then took off to see a movie. By myself. For the first time EVER. Sure, I had gone to movies when Bennett was a newborn, but at least I had a date. :) This time it was just me. And you know what? It was AWESOME! Nobody else to worry about. Nobody else to share the ginormous soda with. Nobody to fight over the armrest with. All me. It was awesome. Afterwards, I did a little more browsing in some nearby stores and then, once I knew the kids would have already been bathed and put to bed, I came home. :)

We're watching the Olympics and I'm going to *try* to get to bed early. Because tomorrow? We are going back to the community center pool with playgroup. Hello Monday. :)

No comments: