Friday, August 22, 2008

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!



We went back to Cull Canyon today for our last summer fling. The weather was warm, the sun was bright and the sand was delicious. Oh? We're not supposed to taste the sand?? Oh, alright then. Can't help it when a certain 16 month old decides he's going to toss some in your water bottle and see if you figure it out. Which I did. After I took a major gulp. Anyhow....

The kids had fun swimming in the lagoon, digging in the sand, and the MOST fun playing in some sprinklers that came on while we were there. Because, you know you can't find a sprinkler just anywhere. You must go to the beach for that. And you can find a chlorinated lagoon ANYWHERE. The are practically a dime a dozen. But, they were having fun. So who cares? Summer time fun. What a nice way to end the summer!

After we were done there, Morgan's friend, Chenoa, came home with us. It was so funny to listen to them on the way home. Things like, "Okay, Chenoa. Let's have a chat on the way home. If you are done chatting, just let me know. We can talk about what we are going to play when we get home." And Chenoa would say, "Okay. Let's play house."

They discussed who would birth what baby and how they could also incorporate the stuffed animals into the action. Bennett was sitting in the middle of them, just looking back and forth, I'm sure wondering to himself what these crazy girls were talking about. Once we got home, I put Bennett down for his nap and they started playing house and school while I unloaded and put away our TON of gear that we take everywhere. I was able to grab a shower and they were still playing so nicely when I was done. Now they are playing Wii. Quietly. Because they are girls. I'm sooooo loving this. :)

I've got to go dry my hair and throw some makeup on because the back to school barbecue is tonight. I'm stressing a little less since we got a letter in the mail yesterday that told us who Morgan's teacher will be. She's going to be one of the Terrific Toucans and her teacher is the same person who did her assessment. Morgan really liked her as did I. What a relief! And one of the moms who I emailed yesterday emailed me back and said she got a letter and that her daughter, also known as Morgan's twin, will also be a Terrific Toucan! How exciting!! So, tonight we meet the rest of the class and teacher and get to have some fun at the same time. Morgan is very excited.

It's been a busy day. Started early at the gym where I did the crazy 9 laps on the track, 9 sets of stairs, 8 laps on the track, 8 sets of stairs, etc. thing again. So, I'm tired, but I MUST! KEEP! GOING! At least Lance will be home early for the barbecue. And Bennett is in a good mood, so that helps. :)

2 comments:

Lara said...

Thanks for having Chenoa. Again, she told me she is the luckiest girl ever today. Even after her cleaning up... it's a miracle! Whatever you did keep it up. Bennet was really happy today. Go Paige!! You are doing a great job:)

Lara said...

I meant Bennett w/ 2 T's sorry! There I go go again. It's midnight and I should be asleep. Have a good weekend.