Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Today's Humor

So, the last entry was a bit of a downer, I realize, so here's today's bits of humor.

* As I was pulling a load of laundry from the dryer, a NECTARINE SEED came flying out. Serioulsy?? Where do they get these things??

* I was going to the bathroom this afternoon, and as all moms know, you can't do that alone. Bennett is currently curious about the potty, so he always says "poppy" whenever I'm going to the bathroom. Only, it's a certain time of the month, so he was REALLY curious today. And when I was done and washing my hands, I looked back and he was all bent over the trash can, points and declares "nasty", which is his word for trash. Only this time, I had to believe he was right on.

* I had to stop by the doctor's office to pick up some paperwork for Morgan to start school. When we got there, I got Bennett out of his car seat and then came around to help Morgan get out of the car. She was taking longer than normal, so I said "C'mon Morgan!" and the little parrot I was carrying in my arm screams "C'MOOOOON!" Gosh, I hope *I* don't sound like that. Haha!

* On the way to Coscto, Morgan says to me, "Mom, did you see that girl at soccer hit me?", to which I replied that I had not. She told me what happened and I asked her if one of the coaches saw what happened. She said, "No, but I think the girl's Mom had put her eye on her". WHATEVER THAT MEANS!

* While at Costco this afternoon, the kids were snacking on goldfish. I stepped away from the cart for one second and suddenly they dropped the container and there were probably about a dozen or so goldfish on the floor. I look over and see Bennett puckering his fish like a fish. This is the "sound" that fish make (that's what Grandma taught him this summer) and he was just sitting up in the cart, making fishy sounds and pointing to the mess.

* Lastly, I find it very humorous that I can actually bribe my children to act remotely civil using FRUIT. I know! They are so deprived of the really good stuff in life, that they will actually just sit there in the buggy while I shop, just for a chance that I might buy some CHERRIES! My poor deprived children.

No comments: