Sunday, August 24, 2008

I'm so glad school doesn't start tomorrow

I've got stacks and stacks of laundry folded up in the living room and I barely made it through my weekly planning session this afternoon. I just don't feel "ready", although I doubt I'll really feel that way tomorrow night either. I've been going non-stop all weekend and, dare I say, I need Monday to recover?? Yep, it's true.

Besides being non-stop yesterday, today has been pretty much the same. Church this morning with Morgan and then we hit Old Navy afterwards for a little more shopping. We got home, did lunch and then Lance took her to a birthday party while I stayed home with Bennett. I got my planning and some laundry done and then when they got home from the party, I headed over to my friend Melissa's house to deliver some stuff to a friend of ours. Afterwards, I was able to unwind over some amazing crab & pumpkin spring rolls and a glass of wine with Melissa. I didn't get home until after the kids were in bed which was both good and bad. I wasn't able to set their clothes for tomorrow out, but I also was able to come in and dive straight back into laundry and Big Brother.

We have to be up early tomorrow because I have an appointment for an 8am TB test and then I plan to hit the 9am spin class. Maybe tomorrow afternoon, between approximately 3pm and 5pm, I can relax. And really enjoy the pre-school jitters. Perhaps I've subconsciously over scheduled myself so that I don't have to spend too much time thinking that in less than 36 hours, my daughter starts Kindergarten. Denial is a powerful drug.

No comments: