Saturday, August 30, 2008

Don't send a man to do a woman's job

Last time when Lance took Bennett to get his hair cut, I was all "I don't care. You're a guy. Get it cut like a guy". When I wasn't too happy with the way it turned out, I couldn't really say anything about it because of my laissez-faire attitude. This time, I mentioned that I wasn't too pleased with his last cut, so I gave him a picture to take with him. Imagine the horror when he brings him home YET AGAIN with a bad hair cut. Lance told me that he had gotten antsy towards the end of the cut, but that he thought it turned out okay. Yes, okay if my child had a really awkward shaped BOWL on his head. The instructions were NOTHING off the top/front and clean up the sides and back. So, how come the front was EVEN SHORTER and the sides and back looked like they had hardly been touched??

So, I grabbed him up, got the receipt from Lance and intended to go back and make them do the haircut the right way. I mean, why keep paying for bad haircuts? Only, when I got there, they were CLOSED! Extremely frustrated and with my "backwoods haircut" baby in my arms, I spy a SuperCuts across the parking lot. With the determination only a mother can have, I march over there and plead my case to them. PLEASE FIX MY BABY'S HAIR!! And please, please don't charge me full price for it since, believe it or not, he *just* got his haircut over there. The first lady said she didn't think they could do that, but the second one came along, took one look into my baby's big blue eyes and said, "How can I say no to that face??"

So, she got her scissors out and we sat him in the chair. Now, he had just gone through an entire haircut experience and wasn't too pleased with the thought of repeating the process, so we decided to fore go the wrap over him. The lady cut his hair with super quick speed and you would NEVER believe that he had actually JUST had a haircut with all the hair that came flying off her scissors. She said, "yeah, this is pretty long on the sides and in the back!" and "That's just wrong that they went and jacked up his hair and then closed down!" Bennett hung in there pretty good for the whole five minutes it took her. After all was said and done, he got a good haircut and the lady said she wasn't going to charge me for it as long as we'd come back. I told her we definitely would and slipped her some cash.

The funny thing was, when I got home and after we bathed the hair off of Bennett, I was telling Lance that this is the way it's supposed to look. Not like he has a bowl on his head. Bennett looked up, pointed to his head and said "bowl". Over and over. We were cracking up.

No comments: