Thursday, August 28, 2008

Yes, I'm THAT Mom.

You know the one with the kid that hits other kids?? Well, apparently that's MOI. Here I had this fun day planned. I dropped Morgan off at school this morning, did some chatting with other moms in the playground and then headed off to the tennis club to work out. My friend Melissa was going to meet me at the club later for some swimming. After doing some cardio and hitting the weight room, I got the call from her that she was on her way, so I got into my swimsuit and got the lunches I had packed and the beach bag from the car.

I got her all registered at the front desk and then went out to help her in. I was just going into the nursery to get Bennett when I get PAGED OVER THE INTERCOM to please come to the nursery. I was already there, so I'm all "that's me" and they are all "Bennett your mom is here!!" He comes wandering over and I ask what was wrong. They told me that they were having a problem with him hitting other kids. With toys. And even though they tried to distract him, he was still doing it. So they said that if he did it one more time they would call me. And they did. So, first thing when Melissa got to the club, she got to hear me being paged to pick up my rowdy boy. I know, super classy, right?? How embarassing!!

We swam for a little while, Bennett trying to give me a heart attack every five minutes by stumbling face first into the water. Pretty soon it was time for me to go get Morgan, so we raced over to pick up Morgan while Melissa and Clare hung out at the pool. Here I am, slightly wet with a damp cover up over my swimsuit, carrying a wet Bennett who was wrapped in a towel. Into school. Hi, there's nothing to see here. :) I think most people understood though - it's supposed to get up to 103 here today. At 8:30 this morning, it was already 83 outside.

I felt really bad for the kids that were going to daycare after school. Because Morgan announces, loud enough for EVERYONE to hear, that she's about to go swimming now. Ooops. At least I didn't get a call that she was hitting anyone, though.

No comments: