Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A good influence

My daughter is a good influence on me.

This afternoon, on the way to the gym:

Morgan: Mom, tonight, after you and Daddy put me to bed and I'm alone, I'm going to do something.
Me: What are you going to do?
Morgan: I'm going to say some prayers.
Me: Oh! Okay. You know, we can say some together, too. Or if you just want to do it alone, that's okay too.
Morgan: Yeah, I want to do it by myself. I know how.
Me: Okay.
Morgan: I also know how to pray about food.
Me: You mean before eating?
Morgan: Yep.
Me: Well, we can start praying before meals, if you like.
Morgan: Yes, I'll show you how.

Then, later, on the way home from the gym.

Morgan: Did you run the track today, Mom?
Me: Yes, we did. We shuffled to the right for one lap, ran three laps and then shuffled to the left for one lap.
Morgan: What's a shuffle?
Me: I'll show you when we get home.
Morgan: What else did you do?
Me: After we ran the track, we did five sets of stairs.
Morgan: FIVE SETS!! WOW!!
Me: Yep! And after that, we did wall squats and then walked another lap around the track.
Morgan: What's a wall squat?
Me: I'll show you when I get home.
Morgan: What else?
Me: We did walking lunges back tot he classroom.
Morgan: What's a walking lunge?
Me: I'll show you when we get back.
Morgan: We have a lot of exercises to do when we get back.

We forgot to say the prayer before dinner tonight. At bedtime, Morgan reminded me that we forgot. She asked if she could say a prayer then.

Morgan: Dear God. Thank you for all the food you give us. You are so nice! We love you so much! Amen.

*hearts melt everywhere*

1 comment:

Cibele said...

That is so sweet. You have a smart girl (and cute as well). I can't wait to interact with my girl like that.