Monday, August 18, 2008

Good Morning. Welcome to practice day 1.

Let's see how we are doing. Morgan will need to be at school at 8:10. Which means to be sure, we should be leaving the house by 5 til 8. Which means I should plan on quarter til. Which means we are SCREWED! We would have to be walking out the house right this minute and that would involve.

1. Snatching a bagel out of Bennett's hands
2. Putting Bennett's shoes on
3. Convincing Morgan that she needs to get out of bed and quit playing with her Leapster.
4. Convincing Morgan to get dressed in the clothes we laid out last night.
5. Get Morgan's teeth brushed.
6. Do Morgan's hair.
7. Get Morgan to put her shoes on.
8. Figure out a good breakfast for Morgan to eat in the car. On the way to school. In ten minutes. Which is pretty much a world record eating time for our world's slowest eater.
9. Put a nice strong cup of coffee in a travel mug.

Okay, maybe the last one isn't that important. Heck, I even skipped over Morgan making her bed. But you see? On practice day one, she is failing MISERABLY. She said, and I quote, "I don't want to get out of bed. I'm too cranky". Hello pre-kindergarten stress and resistance. Nice to meet you.

Given that today is not an actual school day, I'm going to exercise some lenience. We do, however, need to be ready to go in about an hour because we have our last "outing" of the summer planned for today. I think we can manage that. I'm very excited because I've never been to this museum and I've heard lots of fun stuff about it. I think it will be particularly fun for Bennett.

Off to clean bathrooms before we go. Oh, and make Morgan get up.

1 comment:

emily said...

I tried a practice day 1 around here today, too. The kids did better than either Brian or I. I was wide awake in bed at 4 AM, but not when the alarm started at 5:30.

Hope tomorrow goes better!