Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We are all smiles over here

Not only did practice day 2 start great, it just keeps getting better. Every one in this house is all smiles right now. Love it!

This morning, Bennett started rustling around at about 6:30, which allowed me the pleasure of rolling over and waking up my snoring husband who clearly turned the alarm off instead of hitting snooze. I got up and got my day started by getting dressed for the gym and making the bed when Bennett decided to lay down and be quiet. So, I was actually able to spend some time to myself this morning, first thing. When I was ready, I came downstairs and Morgan was already up and dressed, had made her bed and was brushing her teeth! It was about 7:15 at this point, so we are right on track for practice day 2 target of being ready to leave by 7:45ish. Bennett was awake, so I got him up and dressed, and aside from COMPLETELY losing it because Daddy had to go to work (and make money, Morgan chimed in), he was fairly pleasant. I made him some eggs for Bennett and myself and it was the usual -- cereal -- for Morgan. She was so pleasant the whole time.

I had packed my gym bag the night before, so all I needed to do was grab the pre-packed "gym diaper bag" and throw a sippy cup in there, and grab Morgan's pre-packed soccer bag. We went to the gym, I dropped off the kids (Bennett actually just walked in the nursery without any crying. I was shocked!). I headed off to a cardio and core class. It was an interesting class. More on that later. I actually ended up bailing on the class at the half-way mark and hit the weight room and indoor track to finish my workout. Morgan decided to do kid fit, so she was in the gym and could see me running around the indoor track, so she was happy. When I was done with my workout, I showered, shaved and got dressed. I threw my hair in a pony-tail and then picked Morgan up from the gym. She was happy to see me and then happy to go get Bennett. We picked Bennett up and all walked, hand in hand, to the car to head over to soccer.

This was Morgan's last soccer practice of the summer. They haven't really been doing traditional games this whole time - just working on soccer skills. My new soccer mom friend and I were both saying that we hoped they would do a game today for their last soccer practice. Well, weren't we pleasantly surprised when the kids started playing a game! It was great! All the parents suddenly became sideline cheerleaders, cheering on the kids. The kids did GREAT; there was a lot of back and forth and then, right at the end, Morgan scored a goal and it was the WINNING GOAL for her team. Want to know what she said to me after soccer?

Mom, I'm so proud of myself!
I just didn't want to let the green team down!
I made my goal!
I'm so proud!
Can we call Daddy and tell him??

She was so excited! It was a great moment to experience.

Also, the whole time I was at soccer? I was making a new BFF! Get this! She took her five year old son to see Willy Wonka and then to do back to school clothes shopping this weekend!! And her husband? Took him to get school supplies. Hello?! Mirror lives! She's the one that also has the 13 month old son. And is a member at the tennis club where she took a kickboxing class with me on Saturday. And she wants us to enroll the kids in the same soccer league for fall. So we exchanged email addresses and phone numbers. And I already have two emails from her in my inbox. Yay! Yes. I feel like I'm thirteen. But, I'm sure you can understand, given the recent events in my friend life. Now, I'm just crossing my fingers that her husband and Lance get along. He's a software developer also, so it's almost a given. Seriously, we just have a lot in common with these people. I think that's cool! I do realize that I'm taking my coolness level way down with this admission, but that's okay. I was too cool to start with. ;)

After soccer, we had to make an emergency pit stop at home because Bennett decided to have a blowout. We got him changed, had lunch, and then went grocery shopping where the kids were....get this....good. I don't know what's happened to my kids. Maybe it's some sick joke the universe is playing on me because it's nearly the end of summer and this is how I would have liked EVERY day to go this summer. But you know what? I'll take it!

The went down for naps at 2 and Morgan was up at 3:30 (early for her), but agreed to go back to her room for more quiet time with books while I finished up paying/filing bills and similar tasks. She's up watching Backyardigans right now and Bennett is still napping. It's 5pm. I should probably wake him up soon. But I'm really enjoying the peace and quiet.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Good luck with your new BFF ;-) You know, your CURRENT friends may start getting a complex that they aren't good enough for you. LMAO. Kidding! I know you just need something else to do when I'm too busy ;-)

Work in Progress said...

No complexes please. See post from today about guilt. It runneth deep. Besides, not only are y'all good enough, you might be TOO good for moi. ;)