Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Someone is reading this blog!

Yes, it's true. I couldn't believe it either. Makes me wonder if maybe I should start censoring my posts?? And here's the interesting part - she likes it. I know!! To quote her, she says, " Paige at My Home is My Heart fills her blog with a delightful combination of humor, fun, and adorable pictures of her kids. She is an amazing woman and mother, and I really enjoy getting to read these snippets of her life every day." Delightful? Amazing?? So, clearly she isn't reading carefully. :)

No, seriously. Emily is a friend of mine (who blogs here) that I met online a bazillion years ago and had the pleasure of meeting in person a couple of icy Februaries ago when I was stuck in Washington D.C. for a Lockheed Martin Leadership academy. Eight months pregnant with Bennett, in crazy high heels trying to walk on snow. Sing it with me, "One of things is not like the others. One of these things just doesn't belong." Not sure if it was me fully pregnant or the high heeled boots, but I was making EVERYONE nervous walking around on the icy snow. But I got to experience a full on blizzard in the dead of winter in DC. Everything was shut down. Except the academy, of course. Anyway - Emily was nice enough to come rescue me from our hotel one afternoon so that we could meet in person. Her kids Claire and Ben are so cute and so smart, kind of like their mom. She's one of those people the helped convince me that having two was going to be good. Even if the second one was a stinky boy.

So yeah, she's awarded me with this smile award. Isn't it cute? Thank you, Emily! You put a smile on my face as well!

So, I will now do my part and play by the rules.

The Rules:
1. The recipient must link back the the award's creator (http://www.thebabblingsofmere.blogspot.com/)
2. You must post these rules if you receive the award.
3. You must choose 5 people to receive the award after receiving it yourself
4. You must fit the characteristics of the recipient of the award, as posted by Mere.
5. You must post the characteristics of a recipient.
6. You must create a post sharing your win with others.
7. You must thank your giver.




Characteristics for the Smile Award:
1. Must display a cheerful attitude. (not necessarily at all times--we are all human)
2. Must love one another
3. Must make mistakes
4. Must learn from others
5. Must be a positive contributor to blog world
6. Must love life
7. Must love kids

So, here are my award winners, I'll do three like Emily did. 'Cause I'm all about breaking the rules!!

1. Laura at lauralohr.com. I love reading updates on her because (1) she's a runner and passionate about it (2) she's a mom and passionate about it and (3) she is also passionate about traveling, spending time with her husband and family and living life, in general. Notice a theme? Not to mention that Allie brightens up her blog with her cute little face.

2. My friend at Born Still but Still Born. She has taught me so much about what it's like to go through a loss as deep as hers. How things we say and do, even with the best intentions, may not be well received. You just never know what another person is going through. She's taught me how important it is to go with your gut and take charge of your health and the well being of our children. She's taught me about grief and joy. Love you, girl!

3. Libby at Spaghettios with Sliced Us. Libby has a very witty sense of humor and a cute pug and daughter to boot. I love how upbeat Libby always is, finding humor in even the toughest situations. Plus, who can resist Scarlett's big blue eyes??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was finally trying to catch up with my bloggy friends and saw your post.

Thanks! You are too sweet! :)

I blogmarked you a while back.

I will get to posting it on my blog too!