Sunday, September 21, 2008

All prepped and ready to go

I overslept this morning and didn't make it to the early service at church. I got up with the kids who are like little angry trolls this morning. Bennett screamed at me when I put him in his highchair for breakfast because I dared to put cheerios on his tray instead of in a bowl. I'm obviously the most ignorant momma in the world, at least according to his reaction. Morgan is driving me nuts with her non-stop made up songs and noises just for the sake of making noise.

I realized that we were out of waffles and knowing that they will likely want some hot food this week, decided to whip up another batch of homemade waffles. Both kids had cereal and waffles and Bennett also insisted on having peaches. As I was making breakfast, I peered into the refrigerator and saw the pork tenderloin that I had thawed earlier in the week to cook and had not yet managed to cook. So, I prepped it and put it in the crock pot to make my yummy Slow Cooked Pulled Pork. I decided to go ahead and also prep the tomato, cucumber, celery and onion salad as well as the home baked potato fries so that all I have to do is throw the potatoes in the oven about half an hour before we are ready to eat. This led to me going ahead and dicing up some celery and onion for tuna salad sandwiches for lunch. So, I've now managed to prep all our food for the day. I also managed to miss the late service at church as well. Oh well. That's what they make podcasts for, right?

Lance was corralling the kids while I was doing all the prepping and cooking and I'm pretty sure he's having "a morning" right along with me. After he woke up (he slept in after I got up with the kids), he came downstairs and one of the first questions to me was "isn't there that park play date today?" No such luck. But, I told him, we can take the kids to the park. Not as appealing as me removing them from the house and him having time to watch some football in peace and quiet.

Plan for the rest of the day is to get my weekly planning done and maybe even some yard work. I feel a burst of energy, so I suppose I should take advantage of it, huh?

No comments: