Monday, September 1, 2008

File under strange things children do

My son insists on eating his cheerios a certain way. You *have* to put them in a bowl. But, then he has to take them out, one by one, and place them on the back of his hand. Then he carefully navigates is hand up to his mouth, where he eats it off the back of his hand. EVERY TIME.

Bizarre!

Also, along the same lines, Bennett slept until 8:45 this morning. Not sure why! But, I liked the extra sleep.

Especially since Lance was up early to go hiking, so I was on kid duty. By the time we all got moving this morning, we were headed out to the park and Lance walked back in from hiking. So, we walked over to the park and he drove over after he made lunches for us and we all hung out at the park, flying a kite and having a picnic. A nice way to spend labor day. :)

Now I'm trying to get caught up on my weekly planning (meals, exercise, errands, etc) as well as chores for today. I really wish our Roomba was working. I got so spoiled with not having to vacuum by hand. Now it really seems like a huge pain to pull out the vacuum. Like, a CHORE. Geesh. Well, better get back to my shopping list.

Tomorrow marks the first week of full-half-day kindergarten. Yeehaw!

1 comment:

melissa said...

hehe. Clare does the food on the back of the hand thing, too. ;-)