Thursday, September 4, 2008

Just to "close the loop"

Gosh, I haven't used that term since quitting my high-tech-high-acronym job. But, I didn't want to leave my readers hanging. So, here is the ending to the lamb breast story.

I boiled it up for the dog on Saturday. Made with extra love and care. Not sure what this level of fat would do to her system, I carefully cut off one of the ribs and brought it outside. I let her out there and had to practically DRAG her over to where it was.

She sniffed it, licked it, and then walked away.

EVEN MY DOG WON'T EAT IT.

I was relaying this story to my mom on the phone a little earlier and when I said to her, "Take it from me, don't ever buy lamb breast", she responded with "Don't worry!" Because I'm the only idiot who didn't get the clue when the butcher looked at me like I was crazy when I had to "special order" it because they didn't have any out. On the last day of the sale. Gosh, they'd probably just sold so much of it that they now had to get some more out and cut it up special, just for me.

Lesson learned. Loop closed.

No comments: