Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Now what?

Blame it on hormones or whatever you will, but by some stroke of happenstance, my entire house is clean and all my laundry is done. I had a burst of energy, starting Sunday morning and I've managed to get almost my entire week's worth of chores done in just a few days. Now what??

Bennett and I enjoyed a nice quiet morning at home. Just me and him. Giggling. Talking about animals, him making me taco and baking powder soup for lunch (play kitchen). Then, me chasing him around the house as he went from one thing he wasn't supposed to get into to another. We did manage to squeeze in a trip to the grocery store, where he really charmed everyone. Starting with the Fed Ex driver we saw on the way in. He has this thing about waving to the workers. Don't know how he knows it, but when he sees someone doing their job, he waves and says hi. Not to the other shoppers in the store. Nope. The Fed Ex guy in his truck. The butcher putting out meat. The cashier in line or the mail person in their truck. Never to anyone else. Ever. Kind of reminds me of Sesame Street for some reason! :)

Morgan has ballet this afternoon and while she's dancing, I'll be strolling around with Bennett, getting my exercise in. Since I managed to miss my 5pm class yesterday due to the kids oversleeping their naps, I ended up walking on the treadmill after the kids went to bed (but before the new Heroes!) I'm walking tonight and then I'll be meeting my kindergarten mom friends in the morning to walk before playgroup. My poor arms are going to feel neglected! But, you squeeze in what you can, right? Maybe I'll do some push-ups and sit-ups before the kids wake up from their naps.

Girls night at the movies is tonight. We are going to see The Women. I heard that there's not a single man in the entire movie. Which, I understand it's about women, but c'mon. Can't they throw a Brad Pitt or a Johnny Depp in there for us? We have needs, people! :)

Oh, and for those wondering how things are going on the babysitting front, I had no choice but to suck it up and call one of the girls from the tennis club. On Thursday night, I have my new bible study and Lance is going to a Giants game with his coworkers. Bible study is during bedtime, so I didn't feel right about bringing them to the childcare at the church when they would rather be in their bed. So, I called one of the girls from the list and she'll be here on Thursday! I figure it's a good trial run to see how she does and if all goes well, maybe we can see about getting a once or twice a month date night into her rotation. Wouldn't that be heaven?

No comments: