Thursday, September 18, 2008

Damn I'm old. I have to rest up for Veggie Tales.

This morning was the first morning that we picked up Morgan's friend for school. His mom is watching Bennett for me on Fridays while I work in the class and we worked out an arrangement where I'll do drop off and pick up on Thursdays and Fridays to help her out. This means we have to leave our house about ten minutes before we normally do. We reset Morgan's alarm time for ten minutes earlier and Lance was nice enough to brew coffee before he left at the crack of dawn.

We actually got out of the house this morning quite easily. We picked him up right on time and they were super hilarious in the car on the way to school. Talking the whole time about how he woke up with snails all over his room. It was quite an elaborate story and Morgan was eating it up! When we got to school, I knew that I needed to walk them up to the classroom lines since this was his first day being dropped off by someone other than his mom. They really got each other wound up and it was hard to keep them on the sidewalk! I'm thinking as soon as he's comfortable and his mom is comfortable, that on Thursdays, we'll be doing valet!

After they were taken into the classroom, Bennett and I came back home and played for a little bit until it was time for the kickboxing class. The instructor wasn't the same one that I normally have, but she was heavier on the cardio. My heart rate sky rocketed to 174! After class, I took my time and got ready and then went and picked Bennett up from the nursery. He was such a happy camper and we had about 20 minutes to kill, so I drove him to a near by park. When I parked the car, I looked in the back seat and asked him if he was ready to go play. "No". You don't want to go play? "No". Hmmm. Do you want to get out? "No". Do you want me to keep driving? "Yeah". Okay. So, we drove around, stopped at the grocery store to check out produce, and then finally headed over to the school to get the kids.

On the way to drop Morgan's friend off at his house, he and Morgan were back and forth with Bennett trying to get him to say silly words and he would and they'd all laugh. It was quite funny. Until the moment he decided he was DONE WITH THAT CRAP and they didn't get the memo. And then it was all screaming and crying. Luckily, that's just as we drove up to the house.

We came home and were eating lunch when Bennett started doing his new trick. It's where he gets milk into his mouth and then lets it slowly pour down his chin. THIS DRIVES ME NUTS! This started a couple of nights ago at dinner. Well, I have a very strict rule that if you are going to play while eating, you must not be that hungry and therefore you are done. I wiped him up and took him to his room to change his diaper and put him down for his nap. I was eating my lunch during this time and had taken a big bite right before all this happened. I look down at him on the changing table and he's mimicking me eating. He's totally over exaggeratedly eating. It was so funny that I couldn't help but laugh. Of course, that just made him do it more. And more exaggeratedly. Funny boy.

The kids are napping now and I'm trying to talk myself into not mopping and taking a nap instead. After all, after naps we are going to see Veggie Tales. LIVE! And then I have a new bible study group tonight after that. What do I need more? Sleep and a positive attitude or clean floors? Okay, so that may be a slightly skewed question. Feel free to give me the answer I want to hear. You know how much I love to mop floors. :)

No comments: