Monday, September 8, 2008

Things I may have done wrong tonight

1. I took some one's advice on allrecipes.com to make the Sweet and Nutty Moroccan Couscous with the Onion-Dijon Crusted Catfish. They were both good, by themselves, but did not pair well together. If I'd thought about it, I could have figured that one out. Plus, the couscous? SUPER high in calories and fat. I had about a tablespoon of it after all that work. :)

2. I let the kids play outside while I was preparing dinner since Bennett had barely any nap and Morgan took so long of a nap that I couldn't make it to the gym. When they were done, and dinner was nearly ready, Bennett was a MESS! Chalk and dirt and sand and water ALL OVER HIM. And here I am in the middle of dinner. Luckily, Lance came home a little early and was able to assist in a pre-dinner bath.

3. Just as we are sitting down to eat, our doorbell rings and then is followed by three loud bangs on our door. Nobody does that unless it's an emergency, right? So, I'm a little nervous when I answer the door and I see this KID, standing at least ten feet away from me. So, he banged on the door and then took off to put some distance between us?? I took one look at him, knew he was selling something, and said, "No thanks. It's dinner time". "What do you mean?" he asked. I repeated myself and then said "you're selling something, right?". He responded with a "yeah sort of" and I repeated myself, "NO, it's dinner time". Apparently this upset the guy, because he mumbled something under his breath as I was closing the door. I sat down at the kitchen table and then thought for sure I heard something out front. I went back to the door and saw where he'd thrown his water bottle on the ground and left it! Oh hells no!

I took off, water bottle in hand, to do justice for all us proud homeowners across this great nation of ours. I heard him down the street, two doors down. I walked up and very loudly said, "You left your trash in my yard". He said, politely in front of the person he was trying to sell to, "Oh, thank you" and then came over to get it from me. When he got up close to me, he mumbled under his breath that I could have just left it there. Oh no you didn't! So, I VERY loudly said back, "I don't come to YOUR house and leave MY trash", to which he responded that it was okay because he lives in the ghetto. And there's already trash everywhere in the ghetto.

And now I'm sitting here thinking that he's probably going to do something to my house now. Not so smart, Paige.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH! I hate door-to-door selling of any sort. It's even worse when it's the teens & 20s age bracket b/c they are usually selling some sort of useless crap.

He'll get over it.

Anonymous said...

Haha! Good for you! (By the way, I found you through Emily's blog, in case you are wondering who I am. I was lavendervanilla on DWLZ years and years ago. Love reading your blog!)