Friday, September 26, 2008

We have a winner!

The past few days have been a whirlwind around our house. Yesterday, I was running all day. Dropped Morgan and her friend of at school, came home and made a fruit salad and then headed to MOPS. Left MOPS and tried to do a quick trip to Costco, but had to leave my buggy with the food in it because there were way too many too long lines and I never would have made it to pick the kids up from school in time. During nap time, I did dishes and prepped stuff for playgroup and then I loaded the kids up in the car and we headed over to the park for playgroup. After they got nice and sandy at the park, we loaded back up in the car, swung by Little Caesars for their $5 pizza, and then came home. We walked in the door at 6:04 and I was able to get Morgan in the shower and bathe Bennett, get him in his pajamas, brush Morgan's hair and get them settled at the table with pizza for dinner before the babysitter came at 6:30. Lance was at a Giant's game with his coworkers and I had bible study. So, I showed her around and gave her my pre-printed instructions. I asked her if she wanted any pizza and she informed me that she'd already eaten (which I took as a good thing, since she obviously plans!). I said goodbye and goodnight to the kids and went to bible study. I came directly home and she had put all the dishes in the sink (I had run the dishwasher while we were at playgroup, so it was full, but clean) and was just hanging out watching TV. She said the kids did great. She said that Bennett cried for like a second and then just went to sleep. Yeah!!

I explained to her that our niece used to babysit for us but that she is now going to college and has two jobs and just doesn't really have the time for us anymore. She told me that she also works two jobs. So, in addition to the tennis club job (Monday through Friday), she's also a nanny for an 8 year old boy. She works for them from 6am to 6pm and does the tennis club thing while he's in school. So, she may become my new regular! I told her that Lance and I were excited about the possibility of going on dates again and she said that she just adored my kids. :) I think we made a connection. Bennett even woke up this morning asking for her. Apparently they played with balls. Which is just about the best thing that you could ever do with him.

Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! I *heart* her! :)

Today I was working in the classroom and it was Johnny Appleseed Day. Which apparently is the next best thing to Christmas and Easter because Morgan asked (1) if we could go out to dinner to celebrate the really special day and (2) if she could wear a dress to school. Who knew?? I got to run the "cool" center at center time today, where we weighed and measured apples and counted how many seeds they had in them. The kids kept asking, "Can I PLEAAAASSSE eat my apple now?!" It was fun, though and I'm exhausted! I'm about to "call in sick" and not do any chores today. Because I'm tired and because tomorrow is another busy day. Soccer, park, party, luau. Sunday shouldn't be too bad though. Just church and the park.

No comments: