Wednesday, September 3, 2008

"He's not really that into me"

Yes, these are words that ACTUALLY came out of my FIVE YEAR OLD daughter's mouth today after I picked her up from school. I had to do a double take and just make sure that time hadn't accidentally shifted ahead a decade or so.

There's a kid that goes to her school that she met this summer at camp. I guess he made quite the impression on her, because when she saw him at one of the park play dates, she was all excited. After school started, she would tell me how excited she was that he was at her school.

One day last week, she tells me that she "really likes the way he looks". After I picked up my jaw off the floor, I asked her what she meant by that. What, exactly, did she like about the way he looked? "I just like his shape," she tells me. We go on, talking about this little boy and how when she goes by him, he always says "Oh no, not you again!" and she laughs. I asked her if he was joking around or what and she said she didn't know. She just knew that he said it whenever she walked by him.

So, today, she tells me that he's just not that into her. I asked her what she meant and she just repeats that over. Trying to get the focus off this one little boy, I tell her that maybe he has other friends that he's busy playing with right now. And she says that he does. One friend. Joe. They played baseball together. That's the only kid he plays with.

I'm thinking to myself that she sure does know a lot about this boy. Don't get me wrong, he's a VERY cute kid. And his mom is really nice and involved -- she's VP of the PTO. I'm just thinking to myself that I'm in big, BIG trouble. Lance doesn't want to talk about it. In fact, if I reacall his reaction, it was to stick his fingers in his ears and go "la la la la la".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG... I lost it! You have your work cut out for you with that one, don't you ;)